MARCH 8, 2012, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Venue: The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
A 3-hour informal roundtable discussion focusing on the use of information technology in the insurance, risk and claim management function of companies.
Specific questions to be discussed and debated will include:
- Can technology solutions improve the profile of the risk and insurance management function by promoting more information flow to the C-suite?
- How can a risk manager use information technology to be more integrated into a larger “enterprise risk management” function?
- What budgetary restrictions do most insurance and risk managers face that impact their utilization of information technology?
- Hot button items: Certificate and Letter of Credit management: Are there practices and solutions that will elevate the contribution of the risk and insurance manager?
- In large claims, proving exhaustion of underlying limits is often an issue. Are there practical technology solutions, and do the carriers accept them?
- How important is well-managed data in avoiding large claim disputes with the carrier?
- What are the 3 most neglected opportunities for improvement in insurance and claim management that can be enabled by information technology?
*Exchanging views and interacting with attendees will be dialogue leaders and presenters with deep experience in insurance, risk, and claim information management and problem solving. These include:
Louis T. Bolognini, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Imperial Sugar Co., Sugarland, TX
Tim Carter, Director of Risk Management and Real Estate Sales, Goodrich Corporation
Michael Davis, CEO, Risk International Services
William Diaz, CEO CS Stars, a Marsh McLennan Company
Zachary S. Finn, Clinical Professor and Director, Davey Risk Management and Insurance Program, College of Business, Butler University
Michael J. Flowers, Director of Insurance, Forest City Enterprises, Inc.
Elizabeth A. Hanke, Vice President, KCIC, Washington
Paul N. Lux, Associate Director, Disputes and Investigations, First Party Insurance Claims, Navigant Consulting
Kami E. Quinn, Gilbert LLP
Betsy Rader, Enterprise Risk Management liaison and Associate Counsel, The Cleveland Clinic
Dorien Smithson, Executive Vice President, Strategic Outcomes Practice, Willis North America
Richard Woollams, President of Claims, Chartis Global Commercial Insurance
Michael Yip, Leader, Strategic Risk Consulting Practice, EXIGIS LLC, New York and San Francisco
And other leading commercial insurance executives and risk executives.
LOGISTICS, REGISTRATION AND LODGING
If you are interested in attending or would like more information, please email Joseph W. Bauer at your soonest convenience. Attendance will be limited to 25 companies. There is no registration or attendance fee.
Make your own lodging reservation at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge where a special rate of $189 per night (plus tax) has been secured. Call 1-800-325-3589 to secure your reservation. The hotel also will offer the rate for 2 nights before and 2 nights after the event date.
Ground transportation to and from the Charlotte airport is available through the hotel.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits will be sought and are expected to be approved for those interested in them.
A complimentary cocktail and food reception will follow the roundtable from 5-6:30 PM.